Rollin' with the Roby's


Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Garth Concert..

We were asked by some friends to attend the Garth Brooks concert with them...and we are so glad we said yes, and could make it. 
I have to be honest, I am not a huge concert go-er...I can't even remember the last one I went to..but...let me just say...I will never forget this concert...It.was.absolutely.amazing! 
Not only did he (and the whole arena) sing his greatest songs for 2 hours straight...but he put on an amazing show...quite the performer! How he did 7 shows over the weekend is beyond me! I was tired just watching him. 
We went Thursday when he kicked the tour off..but had 2 shows friday, saturday ..one sunday...and then one on tuesday! phew! 
I was so glad that Trisha Yearwood was there..and actually sang about 4 songs...loved that! 
It was just awesome..and so glad we went. 
So, Friday we just literally, laid around, by the pool, and then ate dinner...it was a perfect, relaxing day! 
Saturday we got brunch and then headed home to our familia's and to watch the tech game! :)
Great, great time!


Thursday morning at aiport..ready to start the weekend...


über selfie....



first things first...check in...then relax  mode!


and lunch at The Porch....DELICIOUS!!! 


while we were away..Ty got a special visitor for lunch....


and if you have ever seen me...you know I am terrible at hair...so I gladly take any help I can get...thank goodness for Dry Bar's! :)


Ready for Garth...









Phenomenal Show....got back to hotel around 11ish..and I crashed!

I was so excited to wake up friday, to lay in bed with coffee and watch morning shows...a huge treat....but, after just an hour..I was bored...and finally decided to head to the pool. Travis was actually good and went to run...but, I enjoyed just laying..haha! 
We stayed at the Omni Downtown and although I always enjoy staying there..the fact you have to have a key for EVERYTHING is ridiculous...so, friday, once trav got back to the room, I headed to pool...and just grabbed the key out of the slot to make the lights stay on....and left...while he was in the shower. (didn't even think about the fact that turned all his lights off..lol.). whoops...
So, then I go to bathroom by pool..and use my key to enter bathroom...and when I put my key in to exit bathroom (yes, just to exit) it wouldn't work...UGH! 
of course, nobody else had to use that bathroom at that time...so I finally called trav...and by the time he came down, I had escaped! ha! and that's when he told me about the lights..hahaha! 
come to find out...that keypad inside the bathroom was broken...b/c i wasn't the only one to get stuck! haha!

so, i finally headed to my lounge chair...where I resided all afternoon...with occasional dips in the pool...and I faced the reprecussions of 1) no sunglasses...and2) no sunscreen.... OUCH! the right side of my body got touched! ha! I think  I am going to just leave a bottle of sunscreen in all suitcases from now on! 


after lounging by pool...it was time for dinner!


more midland peeps came to dallas for the show, so we ate dinner together friday night at Trulucks..and it was absolutely delicious! 


Saturday....up and at em..for game day!

after a brunch at Nick and Sam's Grill.....french toast and brisket topped english muffin where on point! Another great meal!
It was then time to head to airport....


and then we all watched the game on their new back porch...perfect setup for game day!



It was a great weekend...and with a Tech win...just topped it off!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment