Rollin' with the Roby's


Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sandhills...


I grew up going to the Sandhills in Monahans, but have not been there in years...like since junior high/high school. So when a friend suggested going there I was all about it..now that the kids are older. I was a little skeptical with Claire..took my ergo...but never even used it. She sat at the base of the hills and played for a good portion and between all the other friends/moms there she was always cared for! and at the end I took her down the hills! All the kids had a blast! and not going to lie..I did too...seeing all their faces is always the best part! We got there about 9:30ish... (only 45min-or so from our house) and left about 11:45..took a picnic lunch and just had a great time! We had our our little hill and picnic space..which was all perfect for our little crew!  Claire, as expected, feel asleep on the way home, and hanna was close behind...and then cam and thenTy (since they had stayed up late the night before). It was a great time and I can't wait to go back! 

ROADTRIP! (we have the best neighbors...and a built in babysitter)..hehe!

Here we goooo....



It was a perfect morning...not too hot..with just a little breeze (that sometimes blew into the kids eyes..and ty did.not.like.that). Next time will make sure kids sunglasses are in the car before leaving.or bring ty's googles! haha!



Lots of racing going on...


sophi was ready to go too!




ty always wanted me to go with him...1) b/c he was tired..and 2)b/c I would carry his disc up the hill...lol.


claire got in on the action...


she had a blast!

























we got home about 1ish...and got all cleaned up..(bathtub is filthy.haha) and had popcorn and a movie to rest! sand will be found everywhere...but so worth it! so much fun! but for sure, a workout!


until next time sandhills! :)


but before we left for the sandhills...Ty had his very first sleepover! I wasn't as nervous as I expected I would be when I thought of this day before...but, considering it was just right next door..(with our neighbors) I was absolutely ok with it! ha! I completely trust them and knew if any issues arose in middle of the night...i was just next door! but, of course, there wasn't...so, apparently they went to bed around 11 and woke up at 6! (hmm...sounds like the same story when he spent the night at our house). haha! silly boys.. 
So, the next day..they were both pretty tired! But, no doubt, he had a great time! We are so very blessed by such a great neighborhood and neighbors! 
Ty's first sleepover...may, 27, 2015! 5 years old!





No comments:

Post a Comment