Rollin' with the Roby's


Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hanna's Ice Cream Party....


Saturday we had Hanna's 2nd bday party...she turns the Big 2 on tuesday the 29th! Sooooo hard to believe...It doesn't even seem possible! Our little girl is full of life and a little firecracker. The terrible 2's might have hit hard...but those days aren't daily... I love our little girl to pieces in fits or no fits...:)
She loves life, fruit, cookies, suckers, jumping, being carried and her baby dolls. She is the best little helper and has the sweetest maternal touch already...loves helping and taking care of people already. She is just so sweet and loving...she loves cuddling with people and having her back and belly rubbed.

When it came to planning her bday party it was kinda hard since she isn't into anything themed...but she does love her sweets...so, I decided on an Ice Cream Party! She loves her "yo-yo" (yogurt) and loves our frozen yogurt visits so I figured Ice Cream would be a hit as well...and it was.

Got the invitations from SweetBean on Etsy.
Although Hanna usually loves the camera..the last month has been quite the opposite..so taking her 2 year old pics has been a challenge...so we had to work with what she was willing to give...


The original lemonade stand....has been used for so much...
and was yet again repurposed for her 
Ice Cream Parlor..

Used some pink fabric for the top and a plastic table cloth for the bottom...

Hanna's Ice Cream Parlor was serving:
Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry Ice Cream with all the fixings...

Funny side note story (So..we've been just a tad busy around here lately and I really thought finding ice cream cups (like the ones you get at a fro-yo store) would be easy to find....after searching 6 stores here in midland and a couple on-line I was super unsuccessful)....of course Etsy had some but by the time I looked I couldn't guarantee them to be here in time for the party. So, as I was telling Travis my dilemma I said...I'm just going to go to baskin robbins or somewhere and ask to buy some of their cups.  Well, being the nice husband he is, he replied, I can call Orange Leaf (our favorite frozen yogurt place here) and ask them. I thought...that sounds great..thanks! Well, he called and they willing to let us do that for a small charge...sold! So, when trav went to pick them up the next day...apparently the high school girl workers thought he was cute and gave him 25 for free. He came home that night with a big smile on his face and said, "Yup, I still got it." lol! made his day! hahaha! 


Luckily, My M-I-L has excellent handwriting and took over the job of writing on her board that I used for her 1st bday...bc I have absolute terrible handwriting. 

Treat table... Just the right height for little Toddler hands...haha.

Adult glasses...that were filled with water, pink lemonade or iced tea...



I made the treats the night before...although all were very easy they were a little time consuming...
ice cream cookies..aka..nutter butters dipped in chocolate with an m&m on top..I was hoping for pink but HEB that day only offered regular colored ones..in hind sight..I should have used red for a "cherry" but I was trying to stay in the pink theme...oh well! 

Bought pink Sugar-free wafer cookies and again, dipped them in chocolate and added sprinkles!

Also, made chocolate dipped pretzel rods with sprinkles...

Made Giant chocolate chip cookies with added sprinkles....are you catching the theme of sprinkles..haha.

Lastly, instead of traditional cupcakes I made the cupcake ice cream cone. (Just fill your ice cream cone 1/2 way with cake mix...I used confetti cake mix...and top with your choice of icing...I did a homemade pink buttercream and topped them each with a cherry). 




Found these cute cups (what kid doesn't love a cool straw cup..and something they could actually use) at Hobby Lobby while on my search for ice cream cups...along with the ice cream cone bubbles. :) Perfect!


Ice Cream Cone cupcakes for our special 2 year old.



Like I mentioned before, Hanna loves fruit and sweets....so we had to have some 
strawberry filled Ice cream cones...


Found all my printables here at potterybarnkids...
                     



and of course, we can't have a bday party without a bouncy house....the weather was absolutely perfect....just gorgeous! 

Fall banner turned bday banner...hung her bday banner from last year up...she'll probably see it every year...but I do need to change the number! ha.




Hanna woke up ready to party...I had not intended on her wearing her "party dress" all day, In fact, I had another outfit in mind..but she was insistent on wearing it beginning at 8:00 am...but, it was her bday party day so she called the shots...I was also surprised to see she wanted to wear her boots. She has had those boots in her closet for a long while now bc they are hand-me-downs from Sophi...but Hanna has never had any interest in wearing them...she prefers her sparkly shoes...but for whatever reason that morning she decided she wanted to wear her boots...so, again I let her. They didn't last long...but I was proud of her for attempting! :) Silly girl!




We kept it low key with just our family and her BFF Hallie was sweet to come celebrate with us..

 Ty taking cousin Addison for a spin...

Granddaddy with the bday girl..

Aunt Ash and cousin addison

Hallie, "jump, jump"



 Mom-Mom with the bday girl..

Bouncy house for kids....tech fball for the guys! :) 



 Cool big Bro...
Brady enjoying some treats...

 Sweet cousins..

Our precious little girl! 

Here Grandpa...have a bite...

 She woke up that morning about 5:30 ready to go to her "birthday party" singing "Hap bir-day to you"..etc...and would pretend to blow out the candle...so when it came time to really blow the candle out she was a pro! haha.


 Happy birthday to our Hanna Girl..



Aunt Casey and Cousin Sophi...and no that's not chocolate on her lip...she fell a couple days before and busted her lip! ha! she's a tough cookie though...

Make your own Sundae...

Everyone Enjoying the afternoon treat...in the world's largest bowl..haha





















These 2 girls have the potential to get into a lot of trouble when they get older...if they take after their daddy's! lol...luckily, the boys will have to catch them first! :)



Present time....
 Hanna loves to color so the paint daubers from Hallie are perfect..and a new CD that big brother hasn't scratched..haha..yay!

It's hard work opening up these cards..


Loves her baby stroller from aunt casey...she took it everywhere...and Hanna and her baby doll got matching scarves! so cute.

and a very sweet, personalized, singing jewelry box from aunt ash....


Filled with a necklace...oh, she was sooo excited! she loves her jewelry.


What a cute little momma!

A little playhouse from Gamy and Granddaddy...


Bassinet for her babies from mom-mom and grandpa filled with lots of goodies....


Like I said, she took her stroller everywhere..haha.



When the clothes come off I'd say the party was a success!!!! 
Happy Birthday to our sweet and loving Hanna James!
We love you to the moon and back!!! 


1 comment:

  1. Everything looks GREAT!!! Looks look a great time had by all! :) Wish we could have been there to celebrate! Now it's Claire time!! :)

    ReplyDelete