Rollin' with the Roby's


Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of MDO...

The day came and the day flew by....

the FIRST DAY OF MDO 2013 at First United Methodist. 
Ty started 3 year old Pre-K....

and Hanna is in the older 2 class. 



Ty did great being dropped off...and just went in and started playing.
I said, bye, Ty...I love you..have a great day...and he just kinda ignored me....gee thanks ty! but, that was great in my mind bc I knew he was excited.

Hurricane Hanna on the other hand, had A.VERY.DIFFICULT. time. She did not, by any means, want me to leave her. I knew it would be hard but not this tough. Last year she never cried..always did great being dropped off..but I think being at home all day with mommy all summer put her in a different mode about school. Finally after the teacher literally pried her off me...with tears streaming down, I was able to escape. I felt terrible leaving her like that but I knew once I was gone she would do/be so much better. And, of course, when 3:00 quickly rolled around the teacher said she did great and stopped crying shortly after I left. :) SHe was happy and told me all about her day. so, that was exciting to see/hear. Hopefully thursday drop off will be better! We just need to get back in the swing of things.

Ty also had a great day. He literally has 1 girl in his class of about 12 kids. He told me all about his day and all they did and what happened. We did have a little melt down once we were leaving bc he realized his lunchable package was thrown away. I have no idea why he wanted that or why he thought of it 3 hours after lunch..but nevertheless he did! So, I had one crying being dropped off and one crying leaving! haha. 
Next week the drop off car pool opens so that will make it easier for everyone. 

It was also a monumental day as Ty left his beloved, Snuggie, at home! That is HUGE, GIGANTIC, ENORMOUS..in Ty's world. He loves that guy and always "has" to have him to sleep. But, he told me a while back he was "giving snuggie to claire bc I'm a big boy and don't need him anymore." awww..melted/broke my heart. If you have any clue how much Ty loves Snuggie that is such a bold statement. I will never be able to get rid of snuggie..he will have his own little box to place in a safe (hidden) spot one day. For now,  snuggie still sleeps with Ty, but not at MDO! 
Ty told me, "Mommy, I didn't sleep with snuggie. I just used my  pillow (in his nap mat) to use." I asked him if he told his teachers about snuggie and he said, "No, I didn't."
That is just huge in our world. So, so proud of him! 

Very excited about our new school, their teachers and new friends. Here's to a great year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment