Rollin' with the Roby's


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall Recipes...



Like I mentioned in my last post...me and the kids made some Fall treats...and I thought I would share...

I got them all off Pinterest....I love to bake and love to try new recipes...and thought these would be a great way to start off the Fall season...

First we made a Wacky Cake...
It has nothing to do with fall..but I love chocolate and this cake seemed like fun to make....so we did. :)
and it was indeed wacky...or at least the directions were...ha!
I had never heard of this type of cake and after reading the ingredients and recipes I was intrigued and had to try it...apparently it came from the depression era...so, it was interesting...so we gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised.....I did the mint version b/c I love mint things...and used the "wacky cake frosting"....and added mint extract in there as well....I did want to make another pinata after seeing my icing but pressed on and trusted the directions....and it didn't disappoint.
Even if you don't like the sound of the cake go make it just for the fun of it...it's very different..and science experiment-esce. :)

 Get the recipe here


Then we made Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins  
Thought it would be a great breakfast item..and easy on the go for school days...
image_3


They were good...we all like them. Not a whole lot of flavor but good for toddlers. We even made mini-muffins for little toddler hands...but of course, they like the big ones..haha.

Lastly, we made the Pumpkin Banana Bread 

Here are the directions...

We all liked this one very much as well....definitely has way more flavor than the muffins..but is also your traditional pumpkin bread with the added bananas!  Very good..if you like pumpkin bread! :)

anyways, thought I would share our baking tests...

Happy Fall!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment