Rollin' with the Roby's


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Brownie Recipe....

I love chocolate...pretty much anything with chocolate in it...I will eat. Still not sure how I was convinced not to have a chocolate-with chocolate icing wedding cake...but, i was. 
My favorite chocolate dessert happens to be a warm, yummy, big brownie with ice cream on top..yum yum. Therefore, I am a brownie snob..and once you've eaten a good , delicious homemade brownie recipe it's hard to eat others...but, trust me, I do a very good job at managing....in fact, if you just want to pick some brownie's up from a store...Sam's pillsbury brownies are pretty darn good. 

Anyways, a few months back when travis' cousin and family were visiting she shared a brownie recipe. And with my love for chocolate, brownies and baking I quickly put the recipe to the test...and it held up  its end of the bargain...they were delicious and super easy. I can not tell you how many times I have made them since...I'm embarrassed to say almost weekly...they sure don't last long in the pan..hence why I never have a picture. :) I typically always make my brownies from scratch (mainly bc I always have the ingredients on hand)...and have tried numerous recipes.. and this one, honestly, has been a front runner for my favorite...and also b/c it's so stinkin easy! :)

so, I thought with a holiday coming  up if you need a delicious and quick recipe..here is one to try...and you can even layer in big Symphony bars in the middle of your batter (batter, bars, batter) and make a toffee type brownie...yummmmmyyyy! scrumptious.
Another pro is it's a one bowl dessert...so you aren't having to wash several dishes! yay! even better, right? haha.

Thanks JDS for the recipe...we absolutely love it! 


Here's the recipe...

Brownie's

I cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup pecans
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 unsweetened cocoa
8 oz chocolate chips

*In microwave safe bowl stir sugar, salt and cocoa together, add chocolate chips and butter and microwave 1-1/2 minutes. Stir until melted. Add vanilla, eggs and flour. Stir well and add pecans.
Bake 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes! 

*When I make these I alter the directions just a tad by just melting my butter and chocolate chips together first and then adding the sugar, salt and cocoa...and they always turn out great. 

Hope you make these...they are delicious! 


Another yummy dessert..that we make frequently..even travis can handle this one by himself..and does often... is a recipe my meme gave me years ago...another great quick, easy and delicious go-to dessert..

In fact, it's so yummy i have seen it around the pinterest world...haha.

Chocolate Chip Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup veg oil
4 eggs
1 small package chocolate instant pudding
6 oz chocolate chips (but i usually add more..hehe)
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup sugar

Mix all your ingredients together...place in sprayed bundt pan.
Bake at 350 for 45min-1 hour ...* i usually bake mine for 40 min.
sprinkle powdered sugar on top....and ta da!
Delicious!

There  ya go...2 super easy but delicious desserts..that never fail.
Hope I made you hungry..haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment