Rollin' with the Roby's


Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby #3 update...


Today I am 24 weeks and baby girl is the size of an ear of corn...8.5in long and weighing in at 1.5lb. 
Her lungs are still developing but getting closer to maturation..however, her nostrils are opening so she can breathe in that wonderful amniotic fluid. Hang in there little girl...breathing gets better once you are out! 


                                                   The Magic Corn Trick - This is AWESOME! The corn slides right out. No dealing with husking, silky, stringy messes. Learn how.

She is an active little thing...guess she's curious what's going on out there in the world...you'll find out soon enough...in the meantime..enjoy your little home for a few more months! 
We go back for a Dr. appt friday, and another sonogram, so hopefully things are still the same and we can finally name her! ;) got to get the monogram ball rolling. hehe.

This past weekend I was planning on going to the lake with some girls from church but my lack of going to the dr for a bloodshot eye turned into an infection that took a toll on my body....so, I had to stay put.  I was so bummed. But, since my In-laws were coming in I got help with the kiddos...so that was nice. 
Saturday, Trav, Trae and my dad played golf and later that morning,  I snuck away while Gamy played football with the kids. I met my mom to do some shopping, since like I said, my belly is getting much larger, I needed new clothes. :) We had such a wonderful time shopping without interruptions or hurrying..we even got to enjoy a nice quiet lunch...it was great. I don't remember the last time it was just a mom-daughter time...so...that was very nice!
I got back to the house at the same exact time the boys did to find Ty, all suited up for a red raider football game, Hanna putting on her makeup and Gamy defending Ty out in the front yard...Ty very much enjoys his new Tech fball gear and wore his little self out playing so much football..but we learned his favorite part of the whole fball process is the introduction part. He would get announced and would run out so proudly....haha! makes me anxious for little GMFL football. haha.
We went to outback that night for an early supper..and just beat the crowd, phew! and our service was the best we have had in a very long time. We were out of there in a little over an hour...it was actually a pleasant time. Afterwards, Gamy and Granddaddy took Ty and Hanna for some frozen yogurt and Trav and I went home (had to take 2 cars)...
Sunday after church we just played and hung out until about 5:45 when it was time to take G & G to the airport! 
Kids were so worn out they went down for a nap at 11:30 today without any major fits....think that means they had a full-fun weekend!   
We also enjoyed cooler weather and rain everyday last week but we are back to the usual heat this week...but, grateful for the change of weather..and makes me so ready for fall! :) until then...we will enjoy our last month of  summer time before school starts again! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment