Rollin' with the Roby's


Thursday, February 28, 2013

pinterest experiment...


I love trying new things and experimenting....so thanks to pinterest it gave me another experiment to try. The first time my husband was ok with it..bc typically, pinterest projects include him..hehe..
anyways, when I saw that you could re-grow lettuce head by putting it into a cup with a little water.. I was intrigued. There are some things on pinterest I have tried that don't always work out the way they are explained...but this one was true. 

This is what the romaine lettuce looked like when I started...

After a week it looked like this...
                                                                                      And 3 weeks later it's this tall thing..

Although it did indeed work...you don't want to count on it to eat anytime soon...and even at that I don't think we will eat it...i mean..it needs to plump up! that fine specimen isn't going to feel anybody's belly up. :) But, i do wonder if I give it a little haircut it would start growing fuller????

they also say it works for celery..I just haven't gone through a whole bundle yet to try it...
but, wanted to share in case y'all saw the same post and wondered if it really worked! "_ Now ya know!


And I leave you with this...
Ty often tee-tee's outside..pulls his drawers down and goes....Hanna has caught on to his method..but wonders why her plumbing doesn't work...lol! 

Although little missy has gone on the big potty a handful of times...and she is always so proud of herself...The things her big brother will teach her!! hahaha





No comments:

Post a Comment