Rollin' with the Roby's


Friday, March 23, 2012

Tee-tee and Ty baby!

So...we have officially stated the potty training business! (While we were living with my parents they had a potty for cousin Brady and Ty would sit on it with no problem...nothing would ever come out and I was not trying to really potty train him then but I thought when the time came he at least wouldn't be scared. Well...once we moved in and we kinda started introducing it he tripped over his frog potty and wouldn't get back on it! Bummer! So, it was put on hold. Well...it was beautiful here on Thursday so I let Ty go diaper-less in the yard...of course, he had to bring his potty outside. Well, he tried several times but nothing came out..poor thing. He did however finally tee-tee in the grass..and was so proud! Haha. But, at least we hurdled the "scary potty" thought. Later that night he asked for his car pull-ups vs his diaper...but no more potty attempts. This morning we tried again and like every other time..he'd sit there but no results. Again today, it is absolutely gorgeous outside..so after our errands and nap Ty is again outside diaper less. And, to make a long story short...he has gone tee-tee several times. Yay! But, he's more excited about flushing than he is about his m&m reward. But, at the rate he is tee-teeing I am going to through a bag of m&m's daily and our water bill is going to be through the roof(thanks to midland's water rates with the restriction).so, although he still gets an m&m each time..we now dump his tee-tee in the grass! Lol! Maybe this is a start of no more diapers..that would be marvelous...but then again, sometimes diapers are easier! Lol. And the potty training is exhausting since he wants me to watch him potty each time! Haha! We will see how long his excitement lasts!
On another note...last night we almost had to say goodbye to our sons best friend...Snuggie! He was lost and nowhere to be found. Ty, amazingly, went down without any issues..shocking to Trav and I. If you know about Snuggie you now how attached Ty is to him! I was having a harder time with it than He was. I was determined to find him bc my heart seriously hurt for him...I knew he was currently fine but I knew come morning time he'd be asking for him! Well...I finally found him in the bottom of Hanna's toy basket! Phew..I could sleep now! Haha! I know you might be thinkging...this was your big break in weaning him from Snuggie...but, it's hard to let him go when you know how much Ty lives him..,I mean, he gets fed, bathed, plays...etc etc...he's basically our 3rd child! Instead of giving him Snuggie in bed I kept him..and, like I invisioned when Ty came into our room this morning instead of saying, "mommy..up"(to get in bed) he said," mommy, where's Snuggie?" of course, I handed him over bc I have been up with Hanna at all hours of the night all week and was to exhausted to fight the Snuggie battle...so, I handed him over and they were reunited! :)
Oh, and the other part of the post title.."Ty baby." I have always called Ty, "Ty baby" since he was born! Along with other people! But, all of a sudden this week he has referred to himself as "Ty baby." "Ty baby need hot dog"(which he'll only eat a hot dig in his grill..refuses to sit at the table!) haha! "I get snack for Ty baby." lol. It's funny..especially when he says it in public! He also has started calling Hanna, "pretty girl" all the time. "i'm coming pretty girl." He's a great big brother and definitely keeps us laughing and entertained! Well, gotta go..as Ty "needs me." haha.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment