Rollin' with the Roby's


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Boy..oh! Boy!!!!

It's an exciting day in the Roby household....we found out what we are going to have Nov. 3rd!!!!








Many people have asked what my instincts are or what i prefer for our 2nd child...to be honest, i always thought I would like one of each...but, then after having my nephew and Ty be best of friends and have so much fun playing together...and then they are both so sad when they have to part each other..i decided..you know what...i think having another boy would be perfect. because, I have my little niece, Sophi, now whom I can play dress up with all i want! So, that makes me excited. So...today when we were getting ready to leave for the dr. Travis asked me if I was excited..and, I was..but at the same time i was so nervous. I was excited to find out the gender but it still is nerve-racking to have an ultrasound to see all the organs, extremities, heart chambers, etc...BUT....God is Great and answered our prayers because...before we even found out the sex we found out it was extremely healthy! YAY..and that alone but my mind at ease. In fact, when we heard the heartbeat and it was 150ish, I commented...well, sounds like a boy...because according to the gender myths..slower heart rates indicate boy! haha. and, not a few minutes later it was confirmed.......






!!!!!!!!!!!!!A little BOY!!!!!!!



video










video



We are super excited...he and Ty are going to have so much fun making me and Travis chase them around. In fact, since Ty had to come to the appt with us, as we chased him around and constantly was telling him to not GET INTO EVERYTHING...we questioned if we were ready for another little Boy. But, ready or not..here he comes. haha. My first thought when we were told we were having a boy was, what are we going to name him...and this makes everything much easier (HAND-Me-DOWNS..woohoo)....Travis' first thought on the other hand was..."well, I guess we don't have to pay for a wedding...we'll let the Brazelton's take care of that." Lol. In case you don't know our friends...and soon to be neighbors are having a little girl Hallie James in August. Once I told Kasey, travis' thought...she replied back with 1) good thing we have an alarm system..and 2) it better be a gigantic rehearsal dinner. haha. However, when Travis was telling his Friend Trey, from back in Katy, that we were having a boy and no weddings to pay for...Trey immediately reminded him that instead we will have to buy 2 diesel trucks, 2 of every gun and 2 matthew bows...hahaa...yes, it never ends. and actually, as I type and Travis and I still soak it up...Travis just said, "well now I will for sure have to get a boat...your dad has 3 grandboys so I am kicked out." haha. Poor Trav. But, yes, although my dad is FANTASTIC with girls...considering he raised 2...he is ELATED to have grandsons to hunt and fish with! but, don't get it twisted...little Sophi has him wrapped around his finger. :) and now, travis' major concern is...how to coach both boys little league teams..haha. oh, dear!! lol.




In a way having a boy is some-what of a relief..with all the other craziness going on in our life it's great to know that we are not going to add shopping and room decor for a little girl. That in itself makes life so much easier.




anyways, we are super thrilled...no names yet. To be honest, haven't really thought about it...but, now that we know it's a BOY we can start kicking some around. we are 20 weeks along so we have some time to think about it. Who knows, we might pull what my sister did..and not name him until a day after birth....NOT!! lol.



Ty having his first donut hole...we picked up donuts for the office staff since we were the first to arrive...and yes, we got half strawberry glazed for PINK and half chocolate glazed for a BOY since they didn't have any blue donuts.haha.










This is a pic of his face and left arm...his hands were by his face the whole time...and his little legs were crouched up. Nothing like his big brother who was sprawled out the entire pregnancy. haha. We couldn't get a profile pic since he was being extremely shy..and turned the wrong way. Oh well, it's always nice to have the surprise of what they look like on their birthday!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment