Rollin' with the Roby's


Monday, February 8, 2010

Getting Creative

Although most people disagree with me I am now HUGE! Ty, I suppose, is tired of people thinking he isn't going to be a big baby and has decided to grow a lot in the last few weeks...or maybe Travis's plan of "plumping me up" is working..haha..either way..my belly is stickin way out! Consequently, I am running out of clothing options. yes, I have maternity clothes and jeans (my fav) but quite frankly I am just tired of wearing them. I have begun raiding closets searching for items that I can make due with! I have now resorted to coats worn as dresses..thank goodness for leggings/tights..and yesterday I even went as far as borrowing Travis's clothes. Well, I have been borrowing his t-shirts for awhile now but yesterday for the superbowl party i went as far as wearing a button-up polo of his, put a belt around the top of my belly (thank goodnes i am carrying low) added tights and whala..it was a dress..lol! yes, again, thank goodness for leggings. So, the moral of the story is...if you live around me watch out..your closet might be next..boys or girls! haha! I am soooo ready for Ty to get here for multiple reasons but one is due to the lack of clothing options. I know you are probably thinking..why don't you go buy more clothes. Well, to answer your question a) i was really thinking I wouldn't have to wear them much longer and b) spring clothes are now out and then the rollercoaster west texas weather isn't helping much seeing how one day it's a beautiful 68 degrees outside and then next it's 41 with rainy/winter weather. So, i'll just make due until he gets here! :)
During our last Dr. visit I tried to get the doctor to deliver Ty..luckily, my doctor cares about me and our baby and wouldn't do it! apparantly there is a reason for a "due date." haha! but, i suppose it was a good thing because I had a mani/pani scheduled for the next day! HA!
Travis and I are ready though. Actually, it is pretty crazy because in a few weeks ,regardless if he comes early, Ty will be here; thus, making us parents! After 9 months of being pregnant we keep forgetting that a baby really is going to come out! :)
Also, a lot of people are wondering about my job situation. As of last week I am not working. i thought I could work up to the due date (2/27) but well, the 12 hour shifts got to me! fortunately, I am blessed to be able to stay at home after Ty is born until further notice. Luckily, with my profession I can go back at anytime..which I plan on doing! So, yes, I am staying home with Ty and being a full-time mommy! :)
I guess that sums up the updates. I'll keep yall posted after our dr. appt on thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment